Over 1 million people worldwide have used OpenGenius’ software tools, iMindMap and DropTask to boost their productivity and creativity.
Work in one of the coolest offices in the UK. OpenGenius owns and is headquartered in the highly desirable offices in Tec Marina in Penarth Marina on the outskirts of Cardiff (with plenty of free parking and Cogan train station only a couple of minutes’ walk away). Find out more about the Tec Marina community at tecmarina.com or on social media. Take the 360° tour and make sure you check out our games room, 5-star gym, and bean to cup coffee machines.
OpenGenius is a highly profitable business established in 2005. Our productivity tools, iMindMap and DropTask, are used by more than 1 million people worldwide and are translated into 12 languages. We are the first company in Wales to be selected for the London Stock Exchange Accelerator Programme and on our way to a flotation. This an exciting time to join our team and be a part of our dynamic expansion plans.
As a Solutions Consultant, one of the most important aspects of your role will be pinpointing customer needs. You will be required to complete industry research through actively engaging with new and existing clients. You will use your research findings to expand our customer base and maximise sales for our core products and our new software. You will be responsible for building and maintaining strong long-lasting customer relationships. You should be customer-focused with excellent communication skills and a positive, determined attitude.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Researching our client’s business objectives and system needs and sharing these findings with the team
- Working with our Solutions Architect to design the software solution that best meets customer requirements
- Generating new business opportunity leads by successfully connecting with decision makers at senior levels
- Testing a range of appropriate mediums for communication to measure reaction including calling, conducting face-to-face meetings and delivering presentations
- Upselling leads and accounts generated by our inbound and outbound marketing teams
- Collaborating with the marketing teams to develop materials that will support customer growth and software adoption
- Maintaining excellent knowledge and understanding of our products and their features
- Assisting the team with event and exhibition organisation
- Participating in client training sessions, product demonstrations, pitches and workshops
- Consistently working with the Head of Department to help shape and develop new solutions strategies
- Working with the software development team to test and improve our products
- Communicating progress and expectations, and escalating problems to the Head of Department for awareness and/or resolution
- Completing various administrative duties including supporting clients through the go-live process and playing a key role in promoting solution adoption
- Flexibility to travel and work outside of normal working hours when necessary
- Must be able to manage multiple projects utilising strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong team ethic
- Self-motivated, determined and energetic with a desire to succeed
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills with the ability to build effective customer relationships
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Confident in building relationships with decision makers at senior level
- Ability to work at pace and be adaptive to changing trends and practices
- First-rate diary management
- Willing to go the extra mile for the benefit of the brand and the team
What we are Offering
We are a team of skilled, motivated developers working in an agile environment on our globally successful products. As well as software services OpenGenius works with partners across the globe to provide a worldwide training network focusing on creativity and innovation. We are offering a competitive salary. Above all this is an opportunity to be part of a focused team working on products under a global spotlight using cutting edge technology on a daily basis.
We reward attitude, ability and performance, and for the right candidates this is an invaluable opportunity to be part of a dedicated and hard-working team with the opportunity for business and career growth.
If you are looking to work with a team that inspires passion, courage, creativity, imagination and innovation, where you can change the way people work for the better, and if you want to shape how millions of people think, plan, create and manage, then this could be the perfect role for you!
Salary: Competitive salary depending upon experience.